Subscribe to Our E-Newsletter
  • Select
    • Subscribe to all
    • Active Life
    • Life in the Park
    • Bookmark
    • Victoria Park Club news
    • Lathlain Precinct
Thank you for registering. We will be in touch soon.
Text Size

Food Complaints

Complaints regarding food businesses, food handlers, food products or suspected food poisoning incidents should be reported to the Town.


Food labels are required to comply with the Food Standards Code. If you a reporting a food labelling issue, please submit the label or photograph. For more information please refer to the Department of Health's website on food labelling.


If you find a foreign object or mould in food, please keep the sample as you found it so it can be tested. If it is a perishable food please keep it in the refrigerator or freeze it until it can be collected.


If you are making a complaint about food poisoning, visit your doctor beforehand and request to be tested for food poisoning. There are many common types of gastrointestinal viral infections that cause identical symptoms to food poisoning. Having the tests will help identify the type of bacteria that has caused your food poisoning and the type of food that may have caused your illness. If you have any leftover food that may be tested, it is requested that the product or remaining portion be kept under refrigerated conditions (below 5 degrees Celcius). For further information please refer to the Department of Health's website on food poisoning.

To make a complaint, please contact an Environmental Health Officer on 9311 8111 or email

What the world needs is people who have come alive People are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive